Following on from my article ‘my biggest capture’, you will all know I haven’t been fishing for a long time and I was getting eager to return. Well, I am pleased to say that the day did finally come! On the weekend starting Friday 24th July ‘Dangler Day’.

We launched our Anglers Marketplace platform www.dangler.co.uk on Friday 24th July and as part of the launch my brothers and I decided it would be a great idea to celebrate this with a 48 hour session at a local reservoir dubbed “Nana’s”. As part of the 48 hour session we also asked two friends Harry and Tom to join us who have been a great help in supporting our business to this point, and what better way to repay them than a social fishing session!

AUTHOR

Kane Hughes

CATEGORY

Carp

SOCIAL

dangler

The day started with business as usual for us, well it wasn’t business as usual as we had a live product to manage… We spent most of the morning monitoring the performance of our website, supporting the Dangler shops and answering any questions from customers. My brother Harry also had a couple of local interviews so we wouldn’t be able to get to the lake until lunchtime. 2pm rolled around and I was itching to get fishing, it’s worth remembering at this point and as you will know I actually didn’t have any fishing tackle, so with the help of Dangler I was able to get 2x Wass 2.5lb TC rods and some old school Mitchell rear drag reels which would be ideal for “Nana’s”. With the rest of the items being borrowed from my brothers and Tom and a little trip to the local tackle shop for some rig bits I was all geared up and ready to rock and roll. I was chomping at the bit, the bug was back and I couldn’t wait to get hooked into a carp!

Brother Harry was also keen to get to the lake first and we were off, we soon arrived just a local trip approx 20mins away, we were closely