Pole fishing tackle review – Browning EXO Sphere Zero-G F1+

Pole fishing tackle review – Browning EXO Sphere Zero-G F1+

We all have those areas in our angling which we favour, just because its what we find comfortable and its how we fish at our best. Pole fishing for me is and has been for many years what I consider to be my best area of angling. However as time passes and we get older, the aches and pains have gradually limited my ability and what I am able to efficiently on the bank. In order to combat this, it helps if the fishing gear and equipment is updated and in the best order to continue fishing at the highest level. This isn’t the main reason we all go fishing, a lot of us go for enjoyment, but we like to keep that competitive edge which drives us match anglers on.

AUTHOR

Garry Cooper

CATEGORY

Match & Coarse

SOCIAL

dangler

I have used Sphere poles for many years with total confidence and enjoyment I was intrigued when Browning launched their flagship pole, the EXP Sphere Zero-G F1+. The question was, could they excel and produce a pole even better than before, and if so, could this benefit my angling and give me an edge or two over others, whilst at the same time bringing even more enjoyment and fulfilment into my fishing and reducing the achy muscles after having to fish long for hours on end.

I will be the first to admit that I have always demanded the best and when a product is updated, I need to get my hands on it straight away. If things don’t go to plan during a match I know that I can’t blame my tools but simply pinpoint the decisions I made during, realising which ones were right and wrong. For obvious reasons the words ultra light were the first ones that made me take note, could this pole be lighter than previous models, yes! Ultra stiff, with performance that does not deteriorate even at full length again raised my eyebrows, the purchase was a no brainer!

It might still be early days fishing the EXO Sphere Zero-G F1+ but I can honestly say that as soon as I picked it up I could feel the difference. I can easily fish at 17m for longer if needed, even in a side wind I can continue to fish when most others are having to fish close in. I also noticed the poles action, it was stiff but when a big fish is hooked it feels completely in balance throughout the fight, something that all pole anglers will be able to notice.

Knowing Browning would never build a flagship pole unless it was constructed from the highest quality Japanese carbon available, EXO represents the optimum, a pole built without compromise or cost constraints, therefore the highest performing pole available. Furthermore the EXO Sphere Zero-G F1+ is just packed with innovative features such as Tactile Precision Points that are special raised areas on the butt and middle sections that make accuracy and speed fishing effortless. Strengthening previous weak points without weight compromised have all been addresses and features such as Carbon Overwrapped Male/Female Joints, Strengthened Stress Points, Square Pole Protectors, and Section Alignment Points have all been included to create a precision pole, one that will last the test of time. Single Lengths Kits are also included, no more cutting back, no bushes; just add elastic and your fishing! Camouflage Multikits, another innovative idea as these break the outline of the Topkit over water, great when the fish are up in the water, fishing shallow or if the waters clear as it reduces the chance of spooking the fish. I could go on but in truth this pole is the best money can buy, it might be an investment but if like myself you demand the very best available, then it’s a small price to pay for perfection.

If you do choose to go for the Sphere Zero-G EXO F1+ 17m Pro set then it supplied with everything the modern angler requires and more including – 16m pole with 1m Extender Section, Square Ergonomic Pole Protectors to fit 13m, 14.5m and 16m, Reversible Pole Protector to fit sections 6 and 7, 5 x 2/1 Duobush STD Cammo Multikits, 6 x 2/1 Duobush Light Cammo Multikits, 2 x 4/1 Zero-G F1+ standard kits*, 2 x full length C/3 sections, 1 x Multi Cupping kit, Sphere X Large Multi-pocket pole holdall.

Dangler

By registering your interest below, you'll be the first to hear when you can download Dangler.

About The Author

Garry Cooper

Match fishing enthusiast

Match fishing for mixed bags across the UK

Recent Posts

2020-04-07T00:04:18+01:00April 1st, 2020|Buying Guides, Match & Coarse|